Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pigpen Price, Tim Tolson lead Team Blue to TOTS' win


TOTS Senior Baseball Network

60-and-over baseball





Sixty-eight year old right-hander Pigpen Price allowed six hits, struck out five and walked two, while left-handed power hitter Tim Tolson, 60, went 2 for 3 and drove in four runs as Team Blue beat Team White, 9-3, in a Tucson Old Timers (TOTS) baseball game today at Udall Park.

Price cruised through every inning but the fourth when Team White struck for all three of their runs. Jesse Ochoa, 61, in his first start of the year, pitched a complete game as well, but by his own admission struggled with his control.

"It was my first starting pitching assignment as a TOT," Ochoa said. "I pitched three innings in relief last month and I didn't do too badly today, but I'm having trouble with my release point."

Still, Ochoa, who joined the TOTS in 2012, was pleased with his outing. "I should get better. I just need to find that consistency."

As for Price, it has taken a while to find that consistency as well. "I've had my share of control problems in 2012, but this year I'm finding the plate and I've learned to mix up my pitches."

Both pitchers understand that their next outing could be different for both of them. "That's life in the 60-and-over leagues," says Price. "Some days you're clicking and some days you're not."

Price was able to get the outs when he needed them today. "Except for Mike (Steele). I couldn't keep him off the bases."

Steele, 65, went 3 for 3 today and his bunt-single down the first baseline ignited Team White's three-run rally in the fourth. Tolson, on the other hand, produced all the runs needed for Price and Team Blue.

The TOTS will be at it again on Friday.

Photos: 1) Price 2) Steele 3) Tolson 4) Ochoa



No comments:

Post a Comment