Friday, June 4, 2010

Attn: Arizona Women's Softball Coaching Staff



Attention Arizona Women's Softball Coaching Staff: Somebody run over to Ace Hardware or maybe The Dollar Store in Oklahoma City and come up with some kind of a toe extension.

Get some glue, some paper or cardboard and some paint, and mold a two-inch extension to Kellie Fowler's shoe on her drag foot...and let's play ball...and let's come back and win this thing. It has been a bad week for baseball umpires, thanks mainly to a two-out in the ninth inning bad call from a base ump that robbed a major league pitcher of a perfect game two nights ago. And then last night, the base ump during the Arizona-Tennessee first round game at the Women's College World Series in Oklahoma City decides to call Fowler for eight illegal pitches.

Fowler has been pitching a softball since she was knee high to a grasshopper and now all of a sudden, after winning 34 games this year as a freshman for the Wildcats, her pitches are illegal. Tennessee was all smiles during the game. I can see why. A 9-0 blanking in five innings. Jim Joyce, the umpire guilty of the bad call in Detroit the other night, at least cried the next day. John Kurnat, the ump that called the illegal pitches against Fowler does not need to shed a tear, but whoever decided to put the airborne rule into place, should!

2 comments:

  1. I like your story Danny but it was against Tennessee not Georgia that this happened. See I do read every word. Now we will see if you read the comments made. I am only using anonymous because I am not real good on the computer. Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jerry. I was just changing the team when I got your message. A senior moment. I guess we all have them. I thought Georgia was smiling a little too much in their win over Washington. I made the change. Thnx again.

    ReplyDelete